By Neil Brodie, Morag Kersel, Christina Luke, Katheryn Walker Tubb
Read Online or Download Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, and the Antiquities Trade PDF
Best criminology books
This 3rd variation underscores that curiosity within the criminal, social, and coverage contexts of campus crime has now not waned. one of the reasons of this re-creation is the need to percentage with readers the developments that experience happened in realizing campus crime, particularly the dynamics of school pupil victimization, and efforts to successfully handle campus defense concerns.
Intercourse offenders, quite those that offend opposed to youngsters, characteristic prominently in modern legislation and order debates. baby sexual abuse is an element of the wider class of 'gendered and sexualized violence' which explanations major trauma for sufferers but maintains to sidestep traditional techniques to justice.
While most folk think about prisons, they think chaos, violence, and essentially, an environment of overwhelming brute masculinity. yet actual prisons not often healthy the “Big apartment” stereotype of well known movie and literature. One 5th of all correctional officials are ladies, and the speed at which ladies are imprisoned is transforming into quicker than that of fellows.
The Smithsonian Institution’s River Basin Surveys and the Interagency Archeological Salvage software have been the main formidable archaeological initiatives ever undertaken within the usa. Administered through the nationwide Park provider from 19451969, the courses had profound effectsmethodological, theoretical, and historicalon American archaeology, a lot of that are nonetheless being felt at the present time.
- Sexual Offending: Predisposing Antecedents, Assessments and Management
- America is the prison : arts and politics in prison in the 1970s
- Selling Guantanamo: Exploding the Propaganda Surrounding America's Most Notorious Military Prison
- Crime in Medieval Europe 1200-1550
- World criminal justice systems : a survey
Additional info for Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, and the Antiquities Trade
Paris: UNESCO, 1972. ———. Hague Convention on the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict. The Hague: UNESCO, 1954. Protecting Cultural Heritage in Conflict / 35 ———. Second Protocol to the Hague Convention of 1954 for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict. Paris: UNESCO, 1999. S. Department of State. ” Washington File, April 5, 2003. S. Legal Response to the Protection of the World Cultural Heritage Marina Papa Sokal The worldwide looting of archaeological sites and ancient monuments has grown in the past two decades to alarming proportions (Atwood 2004).
The Rare Art Traditions. London: Thames and Hudson, 1982. Alva, Walter. ” In Trade in Illicit Antiquities: The Destruction of the World’s Archaeological Heritage, ed. Neil J. Brodie, Jennifer Doole, and Colin Renfrew, 89–96. McDonald Institute Monograph. : McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, 2001. Antiques Trade Gazette. ” Antiques Trade Gazette, August 16, 2003, 31–32. Atwood, Roger. com, May–June 2002. com>, accessed September 23, 2003. ———. ” Archaeology, January–February 2003, 43–49.
3. html>; Art Newspaper, September 2003. Archaeologists who have worked closely with the Iraqi museum authorities for many months say it is still impossible to know exactly how many items are missing, and this is but an estimate. Bibliography Bogdanos, Matthew. ” American Journal of Archaeology 109(3) (2005): 477–526. Boylan, Patrick J. ” In Illicit Antiquities: The Theft of Culture and the Extinction of Archaeology, ed. Neil Brodie and Kathryn W. Tubb, 43–108. London: Routledge, 2002. O’Keefe, Patrick J.
Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, and the Antiquities Trade by Neil Brodie, Morag Kersel, Christina Luke, Katheryn Walker Tubb